Monday, November 18, 2013

When a problem with a close one continues to resurface

There are moments in our lives when we have issues with our love ones, friends, neighbors, and/or colleagues.  However, there is always that ONE particular issue that never seems to go away.  This issue presents itself over and over again just when you think you have dealt with it, and are ready to move on, it resurfaces right back with full of force.  You have tried various alternatives in resolving it, but find yourself in the same place again.  You just can’t get a break.  Well, let me tell you that in John 16:13 God’s spirit will teach us what is true, and guide us to the full truth.

In my situation, I have realized that the reason this particular issue continued to resurface was because I was attempting to resolve it in my own strength.  I had a spirit of stubbornness thinking that my solution was better than God’s.  You see, I was attempting to do God’s job although I perfectly knew that God did not need my help in anything He tried to accomplish in my life.  After several years of unsuccessful attempts, the Holy Spirit revealed the truth in a very specific way. 
Last week, in the moment of frustration, the Holy Spirit showed me that there was nothing I could do to change things, it was not working out because I needed to step aside and allowed God to work it out.  My thoughts were not aligned with God’s, as I tried my hardest to have full control of my situation, and I knew God was not happy with that.  Hebrews 3:12 says, “Watch out! Don’t let evil thoughts or doubts make any of you turn from the living God.  And Philippians 4:7 says, “Then, because you belong to Christ Jesus, God will bless you with peace that surpasses all understanding.  And this peace will control the way you think and feel.
Finally, I had no choice but to repent for having a stubborn heart, and promise God to no longer interfere with His plans for my life.  Proverbs 21:2 Every way of a man is right in his own eyes, but the Lord evaluates the motives.”   As Paul in 2 Corinthians 13:5 instructs us to test ourselves and find out if we are really true to our faith.  If you pass the test, you will discover that Christ is living in you.” 
When we experience hurt and know that the situation has slipped out of our hands, we become frustrated, and tend to lash out negatively at that person or towards the situation.  In tough times like these, we ought to refrain from using hurtful words, not become spiteful, and not seek revenge.  In Proverbs 15:1 &18 says, “A gentle answer turns away anger, but a harsh word stirs up wrath, and a hot –tempered person starts fights; cool-tempered person stops them.  Romans 12:19 says, Dear friends, never take revenge.  Leave that to the righteous anger of God.  For the scriptures say, I will take revenge; I will pay them back,” says the Lord.” 

My job is to continue to pray and focus on accomplishing His will in my life.  James 5:16 says, “The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.”  And guess what, because I was obedient to the Lord, He gave me a joyful heart, as I was able to speak peacefully with my love one, and both agreed to allow God to work things out for us while we continue to seek Him for guidance.  My joyful heart confirms to me that the Lord was pleased with my decision. 
Praise God!  There is nothing but greatness in God.  He is awesome.  No way, I could have said those words a week ago.  He is tremendously good.  There aren’t any words in the world that can express how good God really is….I can only think of one word LOVE.   Yes, I could have saved myself many years of agony if I had allowed God’s hand to come upon my situation. 

Great news though, it is never too late to allow Him to take full control of all your issues.  Please keep in mind that the offender needs guidance from God too, not just you; therefore, let go and let God.  His will is to heal both parties because He loves us equally, and even when He does not agree with our actions, His intention for us is always good because He loves us unconditionally.  Matthew 6:33 says, “Seek the kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.” 


+Encourage Women to Stand in Faith Ministry

 

No comments: