Friday, November 1, 2013

Forgiveness and Obedience

To have an unforgiving heart, is a choice, you either choose a life of happiness or a life of torment.  In my experience having had an unforgiving heart made me a bitter unhappy person.  A person full of resentment with no idea that this vicious cycle was choking every single breath out of my life.  The tormenting thoughts were unbearable not knowing exactly what to do with these emotions was frustrating and difficult.  However, I knew I needed to be release from it, and found in the word of God that to forgive had nothing to do with my HURTFUL feelings, but everything to do with OBEDIENCE.  1 John 3:19-20 says, When we love others, we know we belong to the truth, and we feel at ease in the presence of God.  But even if we don’t feel at ease, God is greater than our feelings, and he knows everything.    

You see, my hurt could have very well been justified; however, it was irrelevant to the word of God.  The Lord says, in Matthew 6:14-15, “For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.  But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.” 

Forgiveness is an ongoing act that we should all practice in our lives.  It should be part of who we are.  I know this is difficult to do because our ego, pride, resentful heart gets in the way of doing the right thing in God’s eyes.  But cheer up, because when I decided to take a leap of faith and forgive, I received a brand new heart, spirit, and soul.  I was rejuvenated with God’s love.  Even though I did not want to do it willingly, I did it in faith believing his word, and not just wanting to be a hearer of the word but a doer. James 1:22 says, “But don’t just listen to God’s word.  You must do what it says.  Otherwise, you are only fooling yourselves.” 
I am now learning that remaining in God’s will has everything to do with being obedient to him, and only him.  Because I was obedient to his word, I allowed the Lord to heal my broken spirited heart.  An amazing thing happened within me, I can’t explain it with words, but I can tell you that my heart projects love when I see this person. 1John 4:7 John says, “My dear friends, we must love each other.  Love comes from God, and when we love each other, it shows we have been given a new life.

1Peter 4:8 says, Above all, continue to love each other deeply, because love covers a multitude of sins.

+Encourage Women to Stand in Faith Ministry

No comments: