Wednesday, November 27, 2013

The salt and light

You may sometimes say to yourself, "God does not have a purpose for my life."  Well, His word says different.  Jesus says in Matthew 5:13 that “we are the salt for everyone on earth, and in verse 16 He says, make your light shine, so others will see the good you do and will praise your Father in heaven."  We are all instructed to live a life that projects the life of Christ.  We are to be the salt that adds seasoning to the lives of others, especially to those who do not know Christ.  We can do this at our jobs, home, with friends, neighbors, family, and with anyone we come in contact with. 

I remember when I first was saved, I wanted to do so much for Christ, but found that in the process I wound up exhausted and unhappy, because I had lost the focus of what drove me to do it in the first place which was to please God.  I realized that I did not have to run around crazy trying to do the impossible when God calls us to just help each other as much as we can.  I simple phone call to a needy neighbor, listening to a friend in troubling times, being patient with love ones, all this is being the salt and light of the world.  We don't have to change the world in an instant, but we can all do something everyday to make a difference in someone's life.  My lesson was that I could not do anything to make God love me more, because His word says that we love because He loved us first.  All God wants from us is to help and service the needy, so we can impact their lives, in hopes, that they are drawn to Him. 

I once worked with a woman who had a troubled daughter that was being influenced by drugs.  This was very tough for her, and at the time I was a new employee, so I found myself struggling whether I should pray with her or just pray for them at my own time.  Well, I felt like the Holy Spirit was leading me to pray for her at that moment, so I asked her if I could pray for her situation.  She was okay with it, so I took her to one of the conference rooms.  Now that I think about it, praying with her was a way of helping and servicing others.  These are the simple acts that pleases our Lord.  We need to be constantly thinking of how we can help others.  A couple of months later the woman's daughter was doing much better.  Whether the woman believed in prayer or not, I believe that God had a lot to do with bringing healing to this young girl.  
 
Think about like this, the more God helps you, the more you should be helping others.  Proverb 19:17 says, “Caring for the poor is lending to the Lord, and you will be well repaid.”  We should make it a daily habit to try to do a good deed for someone, whether it is for your love ones or others.  
 
+Encourage Women to Stand in Faith      

No comments: