Thursday, October 31, 2013

Feelings

Feelings are emotions that express the state of condition you are in.  I say this because sometimes I find myself with negative emotions driven by my current situation pulling my focus away from God.  And then, I recall the word of the Lord in Isaiah 55:8, “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways.”  This clearly confirms that it does not matter what I feel when focusing in the things of God, because his word validates the promises He has for his children.  I am not suggesting that your feelings are not important what I am saying is that our feelings should not be used to determine how God feels toward us, they are merely subjective.  Proverb 3:5 says, Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. 

At times, we become doubtful, weary and weakened by our situation, but the beauty is that God’s words do not change no matter what we are going through. 1 Corinthians 5:7 says, “We walk by faith, and not by sight.”  God is always the same yesterday, today, tomorrow and forever.  His words are everlasting comforting our hearts.  Hebrew 13:8 says, Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow.  The Lord said it best in John 14:27, Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.  I do not give to you as the world gives.  Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
So the next time you become overwhelmed by your negative thoughts, feelings, and/or situations recall the words of the Lord.  Ephesians 6:10-17 says, Finally, let the mighty strength of the Lord make you strong by putting on His Amor of Protection as we know that the things we wrestle with are beyond our control.  Put on the helmet of salvation, the shield of faith, the breastplate of righteousness, the belt of truth-always standing strong in his word, never dropping your sword which is the word of God.

Psalm 91:1 says, Live under the protection of God most High and stay in the shadow of God All-Powerful.  Then you will say to the Lord, “You are my fortress, my place of safety; you are my God and I trust you.”  Therefore, I say it again, feelings are important, yes I agree, but it should not be used as a measure to determine the love and promises God has for us.  His word is the only measure we should use.  Our minds cannot even imagine the love God has for us, we know he does, but his love is different, it’s unconditional. 
God is love. 

Isn’t the Lord, Jesus wonderful!  He makes me want to scream out and say to the world… “There is nothing out there for you, stop searching, for your needs will never be met, the Lord has what you are looking for!  But then I wake up and realize I can’t do that! J

 +Encourage Women to Stand in Faith Ministry

No comments: