Wednesday, February 26, 2014

What is truth?

John 18:37-38 “So you are a king,” Pilate replied.  “You are saying that I am a king,” Jesus told him. “I was born into this world to tell about the truth. And everyone who belongs to the truth knows my voice.”  Pilate asked Jesus, “What is truth?”

What is truth?  Truth is the real facts about something. 

As children, our parents teach us the truth about life as they know best.  As adults, we are shaped by our upbringing, surroundings, education, past and current experiences.  Then, somewhere in our lives we realize that something within us is missing; we find an emptiness within us.  Even though we don’t realize it at the moment, but that missing puzzle within us is the love of our first love. 

As unbelievers, we go around living life with a veil over our eyes.  We don’t see nor understand thinks the way God would want us to see them.  At least for me, I thought I knew everything I needed to know about life until I began feeling an emptiness within me.  I always knew there was a God but never understood or knew him the way I do now.  In the past, I thought I was in perfect communion with him if I just called out his name and said a quick prayer.  But now, I know that this is further from the truth for God wants more of us.  He wants to have a loving mutual relationship with us.         

Until the day when life’s experiences brought me to my knees, and I finally said Lord, help me?  What I was really asking God was to reveal His Truth to me.  I could no longer live my life without knowing my purpose in life.  I wanted to know my true identity.  Why was I created?  Why do I feel empty when I have everything going for myself? 

All these questions were answered when God revealed his truth to me.  When he revealed that I was a sinner that I had failed him miserably, and that there is nothing I could do to make things better between us.  However, he also revealed that even though my righteousness was as filthy as rags, he had a plan to get us reunited.  He had the perfect plan to fill my emptiness.  His truth, which is Jesus Christ, was going to set me free by sacrificing his life.  This truth is only revealed by God, and not by man for there is no greater truth than this.  

For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 

Share the truth with others for this is the only reason Jesus was born into this world to set us all free. 


+EWSF

No comments: