Thursday, February 6, 2014

God gives and nurtures the desire in you

Genesis 12:1 Now the Lord said to Abram, “Go out from your country, your relatives, and your father’s household to the land that I will show you.  I could only imagine the emotions Abraham had experienced when the Lord told him to leave his life to pursue a new one.  With all the unknowns, he was faithful and obedient to follow God’s command. 

Sometimes, the dreams God gives us seem impossible, unrealistic, or unreachable but that is the beauty of serving a powerful God; we do not know how he’s going to make it happen but we rest in that he does.  

You see, God inputs the desire of that dream/vision in our hearts so we can go an accomplish it.  Know that He will never give you a desire that He will not bring to pass.  Our job is to listen, be obedient and faithful in the things he gives you.  Without a question, you will walk through uncomfortable valleys, but know that he is with us.  There may be moments of doubtfulness or insecurities however know that he will clear your path, as they are just distraction attempting to sway you from he’s blessings.  He did not say it was going to be easy but he has promised his knowledge, wisdom, protection, grace, faithfulness, to us all. 

There are times when we don’t pursue because of fear.  My advice to those who fear is to do it with fear.  2 Timothy 1:7 says, “for God as not given us the spirit of fear, but the spirit of love, power, and self-control.  The worst thing that can happen is that you will fail at it.  Nevertheless, do not be discouraged, become encourage knowing that failing gives you more opportunity to become a skillful dreamer in making your dreams a reality.  Proverb 11:12 says, “Not getting what you want can break your heart, but a wish that comes true is a life-giving tree.”

Sometimes our dreams don’t become a reality because we allow it to remain dormant in our minds.  Well, you don’t have to be content with your current situation because God has bigger dreams to accomplish for you.  I Corinthians 2:9 says, “What God has planned for people who love him is more than eyes have seen or ears have heard.  It has never even entered our minds!”  You do not know exactly how he’s going to make that dream a reality, hey, you don’t even a plan, but know that God does, your job is to act on it.  Start making plans in making it happen by taking small steps.   

Did you know that an idea is just a dream until you actualize it?  Be ambitious about life, seeking greater things and do not limit yourselves knowing that we serve a God with no limitations.  Romans 11:34 says, “Who can measure the wealth and wisdom and knowledge of God?  Who can understand his decisions or explain what he doesWithout a doubt, it is difficult to accomplish things at times, but the reward is greater for those who work diligently.  

As your relationship with God strengthens, your faith increases becoming fearless in reaching what once seemed impossible. 

Psalm 23
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.  He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.  He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.  Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.  Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.  Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.


+EWSF





No comments: