Monday, December 9, 2013

The Lord gives great power to His Children

Exodus 4:1 Moses asked the Lord, “Suppose everyone refuses to listen to my message, and no one believes that you really appeared to me?”  

How many times do we doubt the message, vision, or the call that God has given us?  Do you know that when God asks something of us He is in the midst of it?  The Lord will never ask anything of us and leave us to do it on our own strength. 

At times, we tend to diminish God’s plan for our lives because of fear, failure, disappointment, or discouragement.  We fail to understand that God knows that we are weak, and can’t do anything without HIM.  When God asked Moses to go the leaders of Israel to tell them that He appeared to him with a message for them, Moses immediately focused on his imperfections, and discredited himself to do the things God had asked him to do.  You see, we quickly dismiss ourselves to be used by God, because we rely on our own strength to perform God’s work.  You are absolutely correct to feel this way had God asked us to do it in our own strength; however, this is not how God operates.  God will never ask us to do something without His intervention.  In John 15:15 Jesus says, I am the vine, and you are the branches.  If you stay joined to me, and I stay joined to you, then you will produce lots of fruit.  But you cannot do anything without me.

The focus should be on God, HE will make all things work accordingly to His plan.  We are to be obedient to His word and continue pursuing that what He has called us to do.  God performs His miracles in us when we are obedient while faithful that He will bring us through it.  Paul confirms in Romans 4:3 that Abraham believed God, and God counted him as righteous because of his faith.  To have faith in God is telling Him you are ready to receive His miracle.  

The next time God gives you a task, a vision, or a message don’t down play it, but receive it, and have faith that anything He tells you He will be right there in the midst of it performing the miracle in you.  Just by God reaching out to you is a miracle in itself.  He believes in YOU, and so should YOU.  Genesis 1:26 says, then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness.”  And Jesus said in John 14-24, 

“I tell you the truth.  The person that believes in me will do the same things I have done.  Yes! He will do even greater things than I have done. Why? Because I am going to the Father.  And if you ask anything in my name, I will do it for you.  Then the Father’s glory will be shown through the Son.  If you ask me for anything in my name, I will do it.”

Finally, Paul says in Romans 8:31, “If God is for us, who can ever be against us?”  My advice to you is to stop standing between YOU and GOD.  AMEN! 

+EWSF

No comments: