Monday, December 2, 2013

Love

Isn't it difficult to love those who hurt you?  Yes, I know.  I understand clearly why Jesus commanded us to do so, He knew that our hearts would be hardened when the time came.  Matthew 5:43, Jesus expounds on how important it is for us to love especially when others hurt us, to pray for them.  I ask myself all the time, isn't it enough not repaying back, no- it is not.  You see, Jesus loved us so much that He did not think about it twice to suffer for us all.  He suffered for the innocent, murderer, thief, liar, the sinner, for those who reject him, etc.  What a love!

We are commanded to love at all cost, because Christ loves us at all cost.  Who dies for someone that does not deserve it, no one?  When we love like this we love like our heavenly Father, Matthew 5:45.  Why we need to love everyone, because God commands it from us.  By obeying the Lord, we show the world that God is in control of our lives, and, at the same time, we become a witness to others showing them that love conquers all.  Without love, we are nothing.  This is so true, when others hurt we should hurt too, because God hurts, too.  

Furthermore, Jesus knew that forgiveness heals our souls.  Having an unforgiving heart is like poison to our souls, it will destroy our spirits and make us physically sick.  Many people today are sick because they don’t forgive.  They are prisoners in their own bodies.  What an awful why to live your life.  If you are one of these people that are harboring hurt because someone hurt you, please release it, allow God to remove all that out of your life.  It is robbing your life, future and happiness.  You become bitter, angry, and you will find at the end you won’t be happy with yourself.  Isaiah 43:25 says, “But I wipe away your sins because of who I am.  And so, I will forget the wrongs you have done.”  Now, having read this, why should you insist in not forgiving when your Father has clearly forgiven you?

I was one of these people, but with the help of Holy Spirit, I allowed Him to guide me through the steps in accepting that God will take care of all the hurt I was experiencing, just has He took care of the hurt His Son Jesus experienced for us.  In other words, God will be with us through it all, He will never leave us nor forsake us.  Don’t allow pain to rule your life, God should always be the ruler of all your life.  If you are obedient to His word, He will heal you.  He did it for me and I know He will do it for you, because He loves you. 

Psalm 91:1 “Live under the protection of God Most High and stay in the shadow of God All-Powerful.  Then you will say to the Lord, You are my fortress, my place of safety; you are my God and I trust you.”  

+EWSF

No comments: