Monday, December 30, 2013

Feel discouraged there’s always hope in the Word

Jesus said in John 14:15 “If you love me, you will obey what I command.  And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever- the Spirit of truth.  21 Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me.  He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him.”

In John 15:5 he said, “I am the vine; you are the branches.  If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.  7 If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given to you.”

There are times in our lives when we feel discouragement about a particular situation, however, we should be reminded that Jesus loves us no matter how bad the situation may seem.  We can be comforted that Jesus has not abandoned us because he has given us the Holy Spirit, who lives in us forever.  Our duty is to continue to seek and love the Lord, so He can continue to reveal himself to us. 

Sometimes discouragement can mean that we need to examine ourselves to identify those things that are hindering our walk with the Lord.  Many times we think that God does not hear or want to bless us, but at times we are the ones who block him from doing that very thing, because we drift away from his path.  

Remember that Jesus said, “If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit,” therefore, if there is a disconnection between you and the Lord there definitely will be some discouragement down the line.  Our expectations will be shattered, however, the wonderful thing is that Jesus has an unconditional forgiving heart.  He will always receive us with open arms.

+EWSF




No comments: