Wednesday, January 15, 2014

The Healing Process

2 Corinthians 12:5-10 Paul states, there was given to me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me.  Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me.  But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”  Grace is the free unmerited favor of God, as manifested in the salvation of sinners and the bestowal of blessings.  Therefore, Paul boast all the more gladly about his weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on him.  He delighted in his weaknesses and difficulties for through his weakness, Christ made him strong.

As I ask my Lord to deliver me from my emotional distress, I believe that he will bring a miraculous healing in this area of my life.  This is not something that just appeared in my life, no, what happened was that now that God is using me for his ministry He has reminded me of that thorn that has been festering in my life keeping my body, mind and soul captive, and not wanting to deal with it.  As we all know that God is constantly cleansing and purifying our hearts, he allowed my emotions to be stirred up to the point that I had no way out, but to face it head on.  Which is really the best thing for me, however, the process is not pleasant nor comfortable. 

For a moment, I can relate with Paul in feeling helpless but joyful at the same time.  Yes, this is my weakness and I know that Jesus will continue to do his work in me no matter what my adversities or imperfections are, and he will not give up on me, even though, I seem to feel I am failing him.  It is not about what I do or not do for God, but its about how faithful I am in believing that no matter the outcome or the result He provides for me, I know that he will give me the best and greatest remedy of all because he loves me, and will never leave me helpless to fend for myself.

He is strong while I am weak.  He will have the last word in my life.  

+EWSF

No comments: