Thursday, January 23, 2014

All I want is Christ

Aside from Christ, you will never feel completely satisfied.  

Before I came to Christ, I always wondered why I never felt full satisfaction after I had accomplished my goals, dreams, or ambitions. Although, I do remember feeling great excitement chasing after it, once it was obtained, my emotions went spiraling down.  I know now it was all temporary satisfaction.

Have you ever felt that way? 

Well, in Philippians 3:7-10 Paul mentions that Christ has shown him that what he once thought was valuable is worthless.  Nothing is as wonderful as knowing Christ Jesus his Lord.  All he wants is Christ and to know that he belongs to Christ.  

Isn't this what we are all looking for?  We want to feel wanted, loved, and needed.  We want to feel like we matter to someone. God says you matter; he is the only one who can bring true love to your life.  Satisfaction comes from him.  Chase after him and everything else will be added unto you.  

Psalm 107
Let them give thanks to the Lord for his unfailing love
    and his wonderful deeds for mankind,
for he satisfies the thirsty

    and fills the hungry with good things.

Matthew 5
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
    for they will be filled.

What’s satisfying you today?  Is it God’s love or the world’s love?

+EWSF

No comments: