Monday, January 13, 2014

A wife of noble character

Proverbs 31
10 A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies.
11 Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value.
25 She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come.
26 She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue.
27 She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness.
28 Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her:
29 “Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all.”
30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.
31 Honor her for all that her hands have done, and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.

As a child I group up with a mom that was loving, caring and nurturing in many ways, however, there were certain characteristics she had that I find myself doing that I am not happy with.  For example:  When I want something done around the house, I find myself yelling, screaming, and getting angry.  This was exactly how my mom expressed herself with her kids.  This is not healthy for me nor my love ones, and it is not beneficial to the home either.  The Lord has brought this to my attention through Proverb 31:10-3, as it spoke directly to my heart.  Although, I find myself being passionate for the things of God, I also know that God wants to change me to become the Christian woman he wants me to be.  I want to change but I find it very difficult because it has become part of me, it has molded me to the woman I am today.  I know this process is not going to be easy but with God everything that is impossible for me is possible through him.  I will trust and be faithful that he will do the work in me.  

I wanted to share this because I know that there are many people struggling with emotional behaviors that are above their control, and I know that God, the same way he is doing through me, can deliver you from it, too.  As the bible talks about in Malachi 3:3, “He will sit as a refiner and purifier of silver and gold, God is exposing and cleansing me from all my impurities.  As God puts me in the midst of the fire, I know I will slowly, with the help of the Holy Spirits, become the noble woman in proverb 31. 

We should all want change in our lives it does not matter how much knowledge and wisdom you have.  God is continuously refining and purifying us to the likeness of his son.  


I know I will never be perfect in any shape or form,  however, my desire is for my husband and children to experience the best love a wife and mother can ever give them.

No comments: